Venue & Hospitality
Welcome to the Diabetes 2022 Conference which will be held in the beautiful City of Rome, Italy.
Ibis Roma Fiera
Via Arturo Mercanti, 63, 00148 Roma RM, Italy
**Accommodations are subject to availability at the conference venue from our end. Kindly contact us in mail @ [email protected] to avail the benefits and room availability at the conference venue.**
Hotel Services & Amenities
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental.
- Business Center.
- Business Phone Service.
- Complimentary Printing Service.
- Express Mail.
- Meeting Rooms.
- Office Rental.
- Photo Copying Service.
- Secretarial Service.
- Video Conference.
- Video Messaging.
- Video Phone.
- Baggage Storage.
- BIT Metro Ticket: This ticket costs 1.50 € and allows you to use public transport for 100 minutes after you stamp it. You are only allowed to make one trip by metro or train.
- Rome Metro Card: This popular combination ticket gives you unlimited access to public transport (incl. metro) and access to the Hop on Hop off bus for 1 day (27.00 €) or 3 days (39.00 €).
- Roma 24H Ticket: This 7 € ticket allows you to travel for 24 hours after activation.
- Roma 48H / 72H Ticket: With this ticket you can travel 2 days for 12.50 € or 3 days for 18.00 €. Tip: You can now also purchase your public transport card (72 hours) incl. Airport transfer online.
- CIS Metro Ticket: With this ticket of 24 € you can travel 7 days.
- The metro runs every day from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm, 01:30 am on Saturdays
- Children up to 10 years old travel for free when accompanied by a paying adult
- Do remember to stamp your ticket (you do this yourself in the buses and trams), or you will risk a fine
- A better map of the center of Rome with the metro stops can be found here.
Italy is a country in south Europe and a member of the European Union. Its official name is Repubblica Italiana. The Italian flag is green, white and red. Italy is a democratic republic and is a founding member of the European Union.Its President is Sergio Mattarella and its Prime Minister is Mario Draghi. Italy is also a member of the G8, as it has the eighth largest Gross Domestic Product in the world.
How to reach Italy:
There are two different trains running out of Fiumicino Airport, both run by Trenitalia, Italy's main national train operator. The first and more expensive option, the Leonardo Express, is designed to take you directly and quickly to city central train station.
Weather in Italy during October:
- Temperature: You'll have an average high of 23ºC in October, which drops to quite a cool 11ºC at night making it nice and pleasant in the day but necessary to wear warmer clothes in the evenings. Humidity's low, while there's 38mm of rain over eight days.
- Rainfall: Temperatures in October go down all over the peninsula, and there's a higher probaility of rainfall. Central Italy: 55-70°F (13-21°C) Southern Italy: 65-75°F (18-24°C)
- Humidity: The average relative humidity in October is low.
- Daylight: The average length count on temps to be around 64°F/18°C.
- UV index: the average daily maximum UV index in Rome, Italy, is 4. A UV Index of 3 to 5 symbolizes a medium health risk from the exposure to the Sun's UV radiation.
Major Universities in Italy:
- Politecnico di Milano
- University of Bologna
- Sapienza University of Rome
- University of Padua
- University of Milan
- Politecnico di Torino
- University of Pisa
- University of Naples Federico II
- Vita-Salute San Raffaele University
- University of Trento
Major Research Centres in Italy:
- Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi
- San Donato Hospital
- San Raffaele Hospital
- Clinic Villa Stuart
- La Madonnina Clinic
- Florence Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore
- The Grand Canal in Venice
- Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius
- Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Lake Como
- Amalfi Coast
- Cinque Terre